Thursday 11 September 2014

Destiny looks a bit mediocre

Before anyone starts raging in a comment or sending me emails I've not played Destiny so I don't think it's a shit a game, I just think it LOOKS a bit shitty.  I'm going to have to tell my friends why I'm not really all that interested in Destiny so I'm making this post as a way of just linking them something fast instead of having to type out the same thing over and over again to different people.

Now in all fairness, I've not been following the production of Destiny so I have seen very little.  Before making this post I checked out the launch trailer and it didn't really change my impressions of the game.  I also checked out the Wikipedia entry but that didn't really sway me either.

So as far as I understand it, in Destiny you pick a race and a class (of which there are only like 3 or so, I think) and then you go on some kind of adventure to protect Earths last city or something.  The one thing that stuck out in my mind when I saw a few snippits of information from the E3 coverage was that it reminded me of Borderlands. 

This is not a good thing because it's basically the entire reason that I have 0 interest in the game.  Borderlands is bloody awful with its terrible writing, metric fucktons of useless weaponry, shitty open world game play and repetitive questing and I can't shake the feeling that Destiny will be just that but made to look like Halo.

That doesn't mean that I think Destiny is a bad game, because Bungie are a talented group of people, they can probably take a concept like Borderlands and un-shit it but that doesn't make me want to jump on the hype train and buy a PS4 just to play it.  I think in a sense that Destiny is very lucky to be released at this time because right now I can't think of any other decent game for the PS4 or Xbone so I guess people are excited just to have SOMETHING to play on their next gen paperweights.

I'm totally open to the idea of giving Destiny a go, I just don't want to pay for it.  You never know, I might play Destiny on my buddies PS4 and be completely blown away by it.  Then again I might play it, be completely right about it being crap and maybe come back here to say even nastier things, only time will tell.

I don't take much stock in things such as Metacritic but I gave it just a quick glance to get a general opinion and the user score was clocking in at 6.3.  This means that people have played it and have found it to be a little disappointing I guess and these people are way more versed with it than I am.

Right now I'm being nice without expecting anything but I have a feeling I'm going to be rather upset in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment