Friday 25 May 2018

RIP Totalbiscuit



I wake up this morning and check my Twitter and I see that a bunch of my friends and followers had liked a tweet.  Usually it's some kind of funny picture or a gaming meme but unfortunately today it was some deeply saddening news.  John "Totalbiscuit" Bain has passed away following a battle with cancer at age 33. 

If your not sure, Totalbiscuit was a game reviewer on YouTube before he retired in April following a cancer diagnosis.  I'm not usually one to follow YouTube personalities but his content was rather entertaining whether it was a review or his take on some kind of issue within the industry.  He was extremely pro consumer and would often call out shitty practices from some of the big publishers and champion smaller devs that put out quality games.  

For me personally, it was thanks to him and his series "WTF Is.." that introduced me to some quality indie titles such as Rock of Ages and Frozen Synapse which are games that would have been completely off my radar if not for his reviews.  Those videos are still kicking around on YouTube so I'd highly reccomend checking them out, you may discover some gems to add to your steam library.  

I can't imagine what his family is going through but he will be missed by the gaming community at large and it's such a shame that we lost him so early. 

Rest in Peace you beautiful British Lad 

No comments:

Post a Comment