Sunday 24 February 2019

The Vlog.....As a blog

I've hit another one of those points in my life where I've let the stream of content drop because of real life things.  I've been trying to do Sunday vlogs but last week and today I'm just far to exhausted to get in front of the camera and try and talk about bullshit so instead of doing nothing I'm just delivering the weekly vlog as a written post.

In terms of what I've been playing it's basically my stream rotation and a little bit of Apex Legends.  I've noticed that in Apex, when playing with with the rare Japanese players that actually have a mic, the idea of a not Japanese person playing on what they think is the "Japanese server" just blows their damn minds.  Every game I've had starts the exact same way with "oh my god a foreigner" followed by "Isn't this the Japanese server?"  They aren't being mean though so it's not exactly a problem.

So last week the reason I didn't make a vlog is because I spent a weekend in Osaka and after all that walking around I barely had the energy to move, let alone record a video.  I was mainly there to visit my family who are doing some kind of cruise around Asia but we spent an extra day there to see some other friends and explore.  While I was exploring I came across a surprising number of little retro game arcades.  I put the pictures on Twitter (@Taurinensis) so go check them out there.  The one thing I quite like about Osaka is that everything is quite close together.  I can walk between retro arcades and they also aren't too far away from the main shopping areas so my wife can go off and do her thing while I'm getting a session in.  Nagoya has some cool retro game places too but they are in the middle of fucking NOWHERE.  I'd have to get a train and trek to one or rent a car or something which is WAY more effort than I really want to put in.

I also just had to take a trip to Silver Ball Planet, a really nice Pinball hall found in Osaka's "Ame-Mura" or America Town.  I've actually done a blog post on it previously so check it out

https://identitygaming.blogspot.com/2016/03/silver-ball-planet-osaka.html 

Finally, I've added Persona 5 Dancing Star Night to my collection and I also received Silent Hill: Book of Memories (yaaaay.....) free off PSN.  I'm also finally getting a new computer soon that isn't a complete toaster that struggles to run Chips Challenge so not only does this mean I'll be able to PC game properly once more, but I'll also be able to improve the content of the blog, YouTube channel and even the stream!

I'll try to stop being a bitch and keep the content coming a lot more consistently once more!  Thanks for the continued support!

No comments:

Post a Comment