Sunday 22 September 2019

Changing The Marathon System

I know I've announced it on Twitter and Facebook but I'm fairly certain I haven't made an official post about it on here.  On October 5th and 6th there will be a "24 hour" marathon of assorted PS1 games.  So look forward to that

But the main point of this post isn't to just to announce an upcoming stream event but to tell you all about how I'm modifying the system for these long 24 hour marathons.  I have a problem with these things where not only does it completely screw with my sleep schedule and day for a few days after they are finished but I find it incredibly hard to be stay entertaining for that entire period.

The Megaman marathon was the worst example of this.  Not only did I get tired and almost completely stopped commentating my progress through the games but I died about 100 times on a boss that should have, at most, maybe taken about 5 goes.

To avoid this the PS1 marathon and every marathon after this will be broken up into 2 big chunks over the weekend.  There will be 24 hours played within the weekend period but just not all at once.  This means that I can focus better and give a bit of a better performance.  Not only that but it means that with a bit of luck, we might actually get MORE than 24 hours out of each marathon.  For example if I do 12 hours on Saturday, but then chat is popping off and the game is really fun at the 12 hour mark on the Sunday then I'll just keep going, which means your charity donations are going to go just that little bit further.

Keep an eye on this space, I'll be posting some additional details about the PS1 marathon next week some time!

No comments:

Post a Comment