Thursday 2 August 2012

How to improve your CV/Resume with video games!

If you are as old as I am, chances are you are keeping and up to date resume in the event that you have to apply for a job.  A perfectly logical think to do, as one requires a job in order to earn money to do pretty much anything in life.

Now in a resume, you need to big yourself up a bit right?  But how does one who has video games as his or her main hobby write that into a resume without instantly making an employer frown and throw your application in the bin.  Well the obvious answer is to never write "I enjoy video games" on your resume, but instead, put a spin on it to make yourself seem really fuckin' awesome.  So here we go!

 First of all, if you're a PC gamer, you can instantly write "I'm good with computers", because chances are you fucking are anyway.  All the crap you have to go through to make some shit run, don't let all those hours spent raging over something not working go to waste, big up those IT skills!

Now, you can write different things depending on what genre of games you're into, so use the following list

FPS= I'm a good team player/I'm good at handling tough jobs alone
RTS= I'm good at making quick decisions
RPGs (Western or Japanese)= I'm extremely creative
Platformers= Good spacial awareness
Horror= Able to handle pressure/stress
Rhythm= Good at multi-tasking
MMO's=I'm a good team player who enjoys meeting new people
Fighting=Excellent memory

I'm sure there are more you could come up with yourself!  It's just a case of applying those gaming skills to the real world!

As a disclaimer I'm not intending for anyone to take this seriously, it's just a bit of fun, but it might give someone an idea or two.


No comments:

Post a Comment