Saturday 29 September 2012

Dark Escape 3D Impressions and Gameplay

If you have been reading this blog since the start, you may remember that I posted what I thought of the upcoming rail shooter scarefest called Dark Escape 3D.  Well it came out, and the good folks at the mall near my apartment installed a machine, so I managed to get a go and record some footage.

There isn't really a lot to say about a rail shooter, and I did do some commentary in the video to say what's up, but one thing that I noticed is that in this game, your aim has to be fucking immaculate.  In games like House of the Dead, if you hit the zombie, they would recoil a little bit, so even if you weren't landing headshots you would have still bought yourself some time to not get hit.  In Dark Escape 3D, you get no such luxury so if you're not landing headshots CONSTANTLY, you're fucking dead.

Also, I didn't play it with the 3D on, because I would have been impossible to get decent footage for the damn thing if I had, so when I go and play it again, I'll do another little post about how good (or bad) the 3D effects are.

So yeah, the rest of what I want to say is in the video, so watch that for more info.  There is a little bit of glare on the screen despite the whole thing being pretty much sealed off, but this is due to the fact that the game centre near my apartment is lit by super powerful floodlights, but it doesn't affect things too badly I don't think.

Before the video, have a little bit of a photo gallery.

The Gun!

The Glasses

A screen saying that you can switch between 2D and 3D

The stage select screen
Alrite, alrite, enough fucking photos, VIDEO TIME!


1 comment:

  1. Fascinating game stuff but more on Japan please said Cozee

    ReplyDelete