Sunday 11 November 2012

Snowspeeders are not fun!

So you may have noticed that Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back appeared on the sidebar of the blog.  Well that wasn't just some random urge to play a Star Wars game, hell, I don't even know all that much about Star Wars, I never really followed it, but I was challenged to beat this game, so that's what I'm doing.

But this is one of the hardest goddamn games I have ever played in my life.  Not the good kind of hard either, the bullshit kind of hard that makes you want to tear off your own face and frisbee it out the window so you don't have to look at the damn thing anymore.

Yet, I am carrying on, beating this thing one step at a time, one password at a time.  But I just now beat 2 stages that are quite possibly the worst stages I have ever played in any game ever, and these are the snow speeder stages.

The first is a  faux 3D stage where you have to destroy certain numbers of things.  First it's probes and bikers, which are easy, then some ATSTs (I think) which are a little harder since they take more punishment, but they are OK.  Then the bullshit flies when it wants you to kill AT-ATs, and you have to fly round them with the cable.  It's not too hard but after playing it with a while it fucks with your eyes.  Also the first time I beat it I think it bugged and it wouldn't give me the results screen, piece of shit game.

The next stage is even worse

So it's a kind of shooter stage, but it's the most bullshit fucking shooter stage I've ever seen.  First, your ship is the size of 3 elephants glued together, which is bad enough because you can't dodge oncoming fire, but what makes it even worse is that shrapnel from shot down enemies fucking hurts you!  What's the fucking point of letting me shoot them down if they are just going to hurt me anyway?! It just makes the stage needlessly hard and to beat it, all you can do is mash the button and move up and down and HOPE TO GOD that your life bar lasts out.

So fuck this game, needlessly hard piece of crap.  Still, I won't let it beat me! ONWARD!



No comments:

Post a Comment