Thursday 1 November 2012

Expendables 2 short review

Well it's about fucking time this movie came out over here, foreign movies coming to Japan can time an extremely long time and I'm not sure why, I mean the fucking Woman in Black is not being released until December and that shit came out in February in the UK.

Anyway, I can sum up this film in about 4 words.  Loud, dumb, stupid, Awesome!

If you saw the first movie you already know the drill for a flick like this, you check your brain at the door and you sit down and enjoy shit blow up.  I'd talk about the plot but chances are you don't give a fuck, all you really need to know is that the all star cast of action heroes blow shit up, and the blow shit up good.

While some of the lines in this movie are fantastically fucking stupid, it still had me giggling, it doesn't fall into that whole "oh how terrible war is etc etc." crap despite some of the plots goings on, and just takes pleasure in finding creative ways to stage gunfights.  For those that haven't seen it, I wont spoil anything, but this movie has my personal favourite knife kill AND contains a scene where men are murdered using incense.

I also thought this movie was a lot better than the first one, the action is better shot and it's a lot easier to tell whats going on, and while I don't remember all that much of the first film, I do think I warmed up to the merc group a lot more this time round, they are an extremely likable bunch here.

So if you have not done so already, go put down all that intellectual crap and watch shit get dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment