Tuesday 3 June 2014

Getting Excited For Murdered: Soul Suspect

It's not very often that I get excited for upcoming games much any more and I haven't seen all that much of the game I'm about to be talking about but never the less I'm still very excited for it.

For anyone who is less in the know than I am, Murdered: Soul Suspect is a game coming out very soon developed by Square Enix Japan and Airtight Games (apparently, at time of writing, it has already been released in North America).  From what I know about the game it's about a cop who is killed at the start and it is up to him as a ghost to solve his own murder so that he may move on to the after life.

While that is a really interesting premise the main reason I'm so excited for this game is because it reminds me ever so slightly of something else....

That's right! Goddamn, motherfuckin' Ghost Trick on DS! This is easily one of the best games on the DS and it basically shares the same plot as Murdered: Soul Suspect so if they are even just a little bit similar, Soul Suspect is gearing up to be a bloody good game.

Ghost Trick was very much a puzzle game where Soul Suspect appears to be more of an adventure so it'll be interesting to see how square takes basically the same premise and runs it in a different direction. 

So for anyone waiting for Soul Suspect to come out or for anyone who doesn't have the money to throw down on a brand new release, go find and play Ghost Trick.  It's a wonderful little puzzle game with a great plot and some of the best graphics I've seen on the DS, everyone should try this game.

Then we can all hop on Soul Suspect together and hopefully have another great, ghostly murder mystery game to have fun with!


No comments:

Post a Comment