Monday 17 June 2019

I made a game!

About 6 months ago I changed my job.  I moved from teaching English into the field of engineering.  Now I don't actually know diddly jack shit about being an engineer or anything related to that field but I was lucky enough to get in based almost purely on the fact that I speak English and Japanese.

During my time at this company so far I've been learning a whole bunch of different things related to the type of engineering I'm in but there was one slow day where one of my coworkers approached me and reccomended that I try to teach myself a bit of Python.

Now I didn't know the first thing about coding (and I still kinda don't) but I got to work on teaching myself the basics of  Python 3.  After watching a bunch of tutorials on YouTube and following some guides online I got to doing the one thing I always wanted to do, which was making a game.  Of course, I'm trying to throw together a little project with barely any experience and in my work office so the only idea I could really muster for an environment like that was a silly text adventure.

So here I present to you, "Escape from Mr Stabby's Mansion", a silly game full of cheap deaths and badly written gore.  Please give it a download and maybe give me some feeback!  I'm going to carry on my adventure into programming and maybe try and produce something that's more than just text in a command prompt.  


It's a fun hobby and if you were thinking about getting into it I'd recommend just throwing yourself at it full force.  It's daunting and there's A LOT to learn but even something stupid and simple like this is a lot of fun to throw together!

I will make a separate page for "Things wot I made" soon so this link doesn't get buried but for now feel free to download it off this page!


No comments:

Post a Comment