Thursday 16 January 2020

Speedrun Goals For 2020

After watching AGDQ I've been sort of inspired to get back into speedrunning in a big way, so this will be a short post outlining what you can expect to see on the stream for speedrun nights and off schedule screwing around

There are 3 games that I currently speedrun that I want to improve the times on

Megaman 4
Megaman X
Silent Hill

Silent Hill especially because when I was new to running and didn't know what I was doing, my time for Good+ on Normal was very kindly added to the leaderboard by other Silent Hill speedrunners.  For a while it was technically a world record (in a misc category) but some other guys turned up and got faster times.  I'll probably be doing Bad+ on easy since it's the main category but it'd be nice to get back to a competitive time for that game.

I will also be adding two new games to my efforts.  The first being Panzer Dragoon Saga which is probably the longest run I've ever done considering an RPG but at time of writing the world record sits at around 4 hours and 44 minutes  so it's not SO bad.  With it being one of my favorite games ever I'd like to get a good time in this one.  The other game I'd like to add to my repertoire is Aladdin on the Super Nintendo.  The games short and the runs I've seen are pretty interesting and it's a really fun little platformer.  It's also short as hell, I finished it in just a couple of hours for the first time in a bar a while back.  It won't be a focus but it'll be cool to give it a go.

I might be stretching myself a bit thin running five games at once but I tend to burn out easy after a pretty short time so keeping a nice rotation going will stop me getting too bored too quickly.  Plus my copy of Panzer Dragoon Saga is sitting in the aforementioned bar so I'll probably be able to do ACTUAL runs of that game once a week since emulator isn't allowed.

Catch these runs and all the other streams at www.twitch.tv/taurinensis

No comments:

Post a Comment