Monday 18 May 2020

Stream Update and May Event!

This is just a small update post to inform the good people about some updates to the Twitch channel!

One thing I have ignored completely since they launched are Twitch Channel Points.  If you aren't familiar they are points that accumulate while you watch a given channel.  The idea is that as you build them up you can use them to claim various rewards but apart from the default rewards that no one uses I had not set any up.

Well that's all changed now and you can use your channel points to do various things within the channel.  You can check them out yourself since it's all sort of standard stuff but the one I want to make a big deal of is the Points for Alzheimer's reward.  For 50,000 channel points I will drop what I'm doing an make a 2 Pound donation of my own money to the Alzheimer's Society right then and there.  The reason I've implemented this is so that people who might be unable to donate with their own cash can still find a way to support the charity directly with their viewership.  Of course, if you want to spend the points on the other options that's also cool but the option is now available!

Also, the mini-marathon for May will live on the 23rd/24th!  It'll be 2 8 hour streams of each segment.  Probably 4 hours each of requests and Cuphead on Saturday and 4 hours each of variety and NES challenge on Sunday!  If I can do it within the week leading up, I'll also offer some prizes but there's a chance I might not have time.  I am planning to do more consistent givaways though so watch this space for prizes in the near future.

1 comment: