Thursday 5 July 2012

Sometimes Rage Quitting is OK

I hate to leave a game unfinished, so a rage quit for me is quite a rare thing.  Even games I have rage quit in the past and I know are complete garbage I have come back to at a later date, which is what makes this particular ragequit even more painful.

Yep, this is it folks, this is the last post you will ever see regarding R-Type Tactics for the PSP.

This is the last time you will see that R-Type Tactics logo for a long, LONG time.  This game is fucking arse and I can't be bothered anymore.  But what's strange about this ragequit is that it didn't come from a failure of a mission, or a bullshit enemy (of which there are a few) or anything like that, but I'm just....bored.

It's actually quite rare for me to get just flat out bored of a game, usually I quit for one of the reasons I listed above but this, this is just boring as all hell.  All the backgrounds look the same, the game is way, and I mean WAY too fucking easy but at the same time, it's also complete dogshit.

The mission that made me just turn off the game and never look back was in the 3rd chapter of the game, where you have to go around a black hole and kill an enemy flagship.  This mission isn't hard, AT ALL! the game makes a big deal of the black hole being super dangerous but it doesn't do anything, it just costs more movement to go near it.  There are arrows on the tiles that indicate that it would pull your ships that direction, but it doesn't actually seem to do anything.

On top of that, there are these bullshit enemy's that can fire lasers that one shot and the charge time for those lasers are ONE FUCKING TURN.  That means, every turn, unless you hit them on your turn, they can just blast the shit out of your armada.   That said, the mission is still a piece of piss and I cleared it no problem, just took a few more casualties than usual.

So yeah, no more of this crap.  Boring levels, boring ships, boring EVERYTHING.  Maybe I'll try again in 2 or 3 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment