Monday 9 July 2012

Tokyo Jungle pre-buy impressions

You may be thinking right now "why the fuck is this guy writing an article about a game he barely knows anything about" and that's a fair point, why the fuck am I doing that?  Well let me tell you why!  This game has far too interesting a concept for me to not at least comment on right now.  More people need to know about this game just for the idea alone.

So the plot of this game seems fairly straight forward, and without playing it I have no idea how this comes across as a story or how it works in the game, but whatever, here we go.  To put it simply, all of mankind has fucked off and all the animals have swarmed into Tokyo and now have to fend for themselves in the new environment.  That's it, or at least that's all I can acquire from the trailers and the wikipedia page.  In terms of plot, the other thing I can gather is that there is some kind of super dog wearing priest robes or whatever, and he's hot shit for some reason.  Game looks weird as fuck but good lord does it look fun.

Gameplay wise, it appears to be a beat 'em up, platformer and mating simulator all rolled into one package.  I don't think you play as one animal only for the duration of the game, so when you're playing a lion or something your kicking the shit out of things and when your a deer your platforming on things.  Then when you play a panda, from what I can gather then objective seems to be to just fuck everything.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be picking this up soon and writing something a bit more in depth about the whole thing.  I'll link the trailer down below so you can check it out here.  If you live in Japan or have easy access to imports and can handle Japanese, give it a go.  There is a English version on the horizon but the wiki page isn't showing any dates for it, so you're gonna have to break out those Kanji dictionaries for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment