Sunday 29 July 2018

Reminder: DPD Are An Awful Company

This afternoon I was browsing the "memories" section of my Facebook account and apparently, 6 years ago today is the day I discovered that most of my gaming collection from the UK was stolen!  I've blogged about what happened in the past but I'm going to jump at any chance I can get to bash the company that stole all my shit.

I remember it clearly, I had just finished my course at university and I was gearing up not only to leave Uni but also the country.  My family had moved from England to Sweden and I was moving from England to Japan.  I had such a large collection of games at the time that there was NO WAY I was going to lug all of my shit to Japan so I decided to send it to the family home instead and have it sit there.  I only took my PS3 collection and my portables since those are region free/small and the rest I loaded into boxes and gave to a courier service to deliver.

So some time past and I get messages from my mother saying that the boxes arrived to the family home but they weren't the boxes I sent.  Instead of games my mother received boxes of Jay-Z albums and Bill Clinton bobble head dolls or something.  I was mad, my mother was mad, everyone was mad, so of course we call up the piece of shit courier service that we used called DPD.  According to them and the tracker, the boxes were at some warehouse in Germany.  Why the ended up there I have no idea but for some reason they "couldn't be sent" and shortly after that they were just "lost".  Now I'm not an idiot, I know full well that at some point on my collections journey, some fuck face must have cracked open those boxes, saw all the games and decided to help himself.  Here's a list of what was stolen

All my PS2 games (nearly 100)
All my Wii games (about 50?)
All my Xbox 360 games (about 70)
A random assortment of PS1 games (a decent 20 or so)

The company is pretty adamant that no one stole my shit and paid me £600 in compensation.  If my shit wasn't stolen then why pay me any compensation? Also £600 to replace ALL THAT SHIT, good fuckin' luck.  Luckily thanks to Steam and the abundant game stores offering old stuff for cheap I've been able now to replace a good chunk of it but I'll never forgive the gigantic sacks of shit at DPD for stealing my shit in the first place.

The moral of the story is don't EVER use DPD for ANYTHING.  If you are planning to send something and you're thinking of using DPD to deliver, DO NOT.  You'd be better trusting Garett to run your shit to the location, a literal member of a thieves guild, than having DPD even go near one of your boxes of stuff.  We're all going to lose games at some point, maybe by stealing or by wear and tear but to lose so many all at once still hurts 6 years down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment