Wednesday 3 July 2019

A Brand New Donation Tracker!

At the end of last month BTMyDonate closed it doors and stopped accepting charity donations.  It's a shame but we had a good run with them and we raised a good bit of money with them as the tracker.  However I needed a new tracker and it has now been set up!  At time of writing the links on the blog and on the Twitch page have been updated but I still need to go through my YouTube channel and update the links on all my videos, which may take a hot minute to say the least.

If you've been here since the start you'll know that I actually started with Just Giving and then moved over to BTMyDonate after I heard that JG were skimming 10% of donations off the top in order to keep their site running.  I'm not throwing any shade at them for doing that, they need money to keep their shit going and they provide a good service but it didn't sit right with me.  If you donated 10 pounds to the Alzheimer's Society, I wanted you to be sure that 10 pounds was going to it.

There are 3 main reasons I've picked just giving and they are as follows

1) On the official website for the Alzheimer's Society they suggest to use Just Giving if you are doing fundraising for them.

2) Just Giving allows donations to be made via PayPal.  I've had a number of people who I don't know ask to make a donation but couldn't because they didn't have or couldn't use a credit card.  Now that PayPal is an option, hopefully this opens the gates for more potential donors.

3) Just Giving now ask you if you want to give an additional sum of money to support them AS WELL AS the charity.  For example if you donate 10 bucks, they will ask you if you mind putting an extra 1 buck on the top of that which will help run their service.  There is also no complaints if you opt to send 0 to them and only give to the charity itself.

So with this switch over hopefully we'll see a lot more money going into the charity.  Just a reminder to, if you donate through just giving I DO NOT SEE A SINGLE PENNY OF YOUR MONEY, it will all go directly to the charity.  It won't come anywhere near me.  You can still donate to me via Twitch bits, subs or directly via my personal PayPal, which I will use to improve content which will hopefully have the knock on effect of getting even MORE donators but if you have to make a choice please pick the charity EVERY TIME.  I'm improving this place slowly by myself anyway, I don't really need it.

Thank you for continued support and happy donating!

No comments:

Post a Comment