Tuesday 2 July 2019

I hate Excel

At time of writing I have so much actual gaming content, YouTube videos and Streams to be doing but I had such a bad experience with this stupid fucking piece of shit software that I have to do a blog post on it to vent.

Excel is such a stupid, hard to use, user unfriendly piece of crap software and I hate the fact that everyone in Japan seems to suck its stupid green dick constantly.  I guess, maybe, if you're doing some simple number crunching then maybe doing it in an Excel spreadsheet is OK but I see it used for all sorts of shit that it just doesn't need to be used for.  

I had to recently translate a list of things from Japanese to English but instead of putting the document in something that made sense like, oh I dunno, WORD, the whole thing was written in excel.  What this did was make everything really small and unreadable and it also made editing the text way more of a pain in the ass than it ever needed to be.  On top of that, because each field was so small and cramped up I ended up missing a load of stuff just because I didn't see it which resulted in a right bollocking from my higher ups when I sent them a "translated document" with blotches of Japanese all over it in small, ant sized cells.

But even if Excel wasn't needlessly used and awkward as shit I just don't understand why anyone would use Microsoft Office at all.  I don't know when they made this change but back in the day, you used to just buy the software, install it and then use it.  Now they have this weird fucking subscription service where you have to pay $100 A YEAR just to be able to use their shit.

Fuck Excel and fuck Microsoft office.  I don't know about their spreadsheet software but there's a completely free package called Libre Office that I've been using at home recently that does everything that the Microsoft software does only it won't cost you $100 a year, instead it'll cost you $0.

I know this post is dumb, incoherent and ranty but I needed something stupid to post while I set up the new donation tracker since BT MyDonate cut its service.  Sit tight for actual content in the next post!

1 comment: