Monday 1 July 2019

Megaman Marathon Roundup

So I took my time to recover and now I'm back in business with our usual stuff.  I've noticed actually that thanks to things being a little hectic recently there's huge gaps between me posting any kind of content so hopefully, in the second half of the year, I'll be a bit more consistent.  

Anyway, the 24 hour Megaman Mega-Marathon was completed.  I haven't added up all the donations properly (I just have them listed individually, don't worry) and I suck at math but I'm pretty sure around 400 GPB, including the initial donation incentive, was raised over the course of the marathon.  As always, BIG thanks to anyone who donated to the cause, it's always nice to see the support for me and the charity that these marathons tend to generate.  

The games that were finished during the marathon were classic 1-4 and Megaman X 1-4.  I had memories of the X games being a lot easier but they absolutely kicked my ass sideways and took me way longer to finish that I imagined.  X4 especially has a particularly horrible final boss fight but I'm going to make my excuses and say that it was fatigue from playing for so long and not just that I'm shit (spoilers: I'm shit).

I do have a little confession though for anyone who missed the marathon live which is I didn't actually finish and entire 24 hours.  It was only off by about an hour and a half but I still feel pretty bad.  By the end of the marathon I had a killer headache and I felt really quite ill, I think brought on by a combination of an extremely busy work event that involved 3 days of straight drinking and Nagoya now having the muggiest, most horrible humid weather ever.  

This however is not an excuse, so to make up for the lost time I will be adding a "Megaman day" to the stream rotation.  This will involve playing every single Megaman game that exists that I didn't play during the marathon, so this will be a feature that will stick around for a while.  Some people donated for me to play Megaman Battle Network over my choice of Megaman Command Mission for the RPG in the marathons final few hours so that will be the first game to get streamed and then we'll go from there.

There's another event in the works so stay tuned for more extended gaming goodness in the near future! 

No comments:

Post a Comment