Tuesday 29 September 2020

I miss GameTrailers


 Usually I like to give game news websites a lot of shit and rightly so.  Most game news sites and most of the people who write for them are inept, braindead twats who gladly bow down at the grand alter of AAA development and suck the many cocks that rest upon it.  There was one website though, back in the day that I actually used to quite enjoy and that was GameTrailers.com

It was a simple website.  You'd load it up and you'd be given a list of videos which ranged from, expectedly, game trailers, news bits, top lists and little bits from various content creators.  In fact, The Angry Video Game Nerd was hosted pretty much exclusively on here in the early days.  He was with some group called Screwattack which was made of of two twats who made nothing but lists and him.

This used to be the main way I followed latest releases.  I think I liked it because I didn't have to listen to some idiot give their opinion on anything if I didn't want to.  I'd just load it up, watch some gameplay footage of something I was interested in, and piss off again, it was bliss.  YouTube could probably give me the same kind of experience I'm sure but I never really tend to venture outside of my recommended list of pretentious video essayists and Vocaloid music.

Unfortunately though, the site has since gone and has been relegated to a YouTube channel that I refuse to sub to because it's now owned by IGN, possibly the largest hive of talentless cocksuckers that exists in the entire games writing sphere.  I have the Steam recommended queue I guess but it's just not the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment