Saturday 19 September 2020

Struggling To Care About The PS5 (for now)

 

The new collaborative console effort between Netgear and Sony is around the corner and my social media has recently exploded with people pre-ordering the new PS5 system.  Also before I get into the meat of this post, let me take a quick moment to give a big "fuck you" to all the scalpers I've seen, trying to make a ton of pre orders and then putting those on e-bay for $1000+.  You're a bunch of scumbags and if it was up to me you'd spend the rest of your life having to walk around with shoes filled with Lego.

So of course, excited to see what the new system has to offer I start doing some research and....oh dear, how boring the entire thing seems to be.  I did a quick google search for "PS5 launch games" to see what I'd be able to play and there is essentially NOTHING on the list of launch games that piques my interesting even a little bit.  Assassins' Creed, Rainbow Six, Call of Duty, some Little Big Planet thing, Spiderman, I'm sure all these games appeal to somebody but they sure as fuck do not appeal to me.

The only thing that looks sort of interesting is the Demons' Soul remaster and while it does look very shiny I'm not about to drop $600 on an entirely new system plus another $70 for the game just so I can play something that I've already played to absolute death.  I still have my copy of Demons' Souls, I still have my PS3, if I wanna play it, I'll just play that and save my money.

But you may have noticed in the title the little "(for now)" and that's because I know for an absolute fact that I'm going to end up buying one maybe about a year or so from it's launch date.  This is just the reaction I have to most systems upon launch.  It's how I felt about the PS3, it's how I felt about the PS4, it's how I felt about the Switch and now all of those systems and currently in my possession and get A LOT of use.  It's a shame the launch lineup is so lack luster, but I'm sure there will be some waifu filled RPG or some new FromSoftware game that will make me use an entire paycheck picking it up the day those titles launch.

I'm excited to see what it will offer us in the future, but for now I'm happy to kick back and attempt to catch up with my backlog

No comments:

Post a Comment