Friday 24 April 2015

£2000! A little update too

So after I finished last nights stream a bunch of donations came in and Identity Gaming has now raised over £2000 for the Alzheimer's Society!  HOORAY!

I just wanted to make a little post thanking everyone for their continued support and donations to this site.  As much as I enjoy talking about games on the internet and speed running things on twitch doing it for a good cause makes it all the better.  Also it's way more fun interacting with people than just sitting in my room and doing it alone so I just want to give a big thank you to everyone who supports this site and to the people who have donated to the charity.

However, there is still another £1000 to go on the current donation page and the goals will be getting bigger once that gets met so I'm counting on all of you to keep supporting me and helping the site and the cause grow even larger.

---

Also a little update regarding the speed runs.  I decided a couple of months ago that I would do my speed runs on a weekly rotation.  I made this decision in order to avoid burnout on any one title because it is very easy to become sick to death of a certain game after playing it so much.  The problem is, even if I change the game every week I still manage to get a little burnt out by the weeks end and this is something I'd like to avoid.

For now I'm going to experiment with a new system where I put each game on a 5 run limit.  Usually in one stream I'll do 1 or 2 runs so it means a couple of days of each game which in turn means a little more variety in the stream.  Also, as another chance for you guys to donate for something you can pick the next game by donating with the title in the comment.

So once again, thanks for the donations and the support and let's keep raising money for Alzheimer's! 

No comments:

Post a Comment