Tuesday 21 May 2013

Positive Press

Whenever I talk about gaming press or people in the industry, I think I've been saying nothing but negative things and swear words pretty much 100% of the time.

Now I've had a long day at work so I'm in no mood to be doing great big long rants, so I thought I'd write my own personal little thank you to people who in the industry who aren't huge idiots or money grubbing/attention seeking wankers.

I'd recommend going over to GameTrailers and checking out the Annoyed Gamer and The Final Bosman shows on there.  They are short shows where they stand in front of a camera and talk about games for a bit.  The best part about this whole thing is that they are actually talking about fucking games.  Annoyed Gamer had a bit of a slip up but he acknowledged that and his apology for jumping on a stupid bandwagon was respectable.

That's only naming shows off the top of my head and I know there are plenty of passionate, good people in this industry who want to focus on making good games and discussing said good games.  THESE people need to be at the front of things to help this medium grow and help games get better.

Like I have said many times before, less social justice, money grubbing bullshit and more passionate people with their heads screwed on right just enjoying games.  Then maybe I won't have to get so upset when I'm trying to enjoy this hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment