Friday 6 December 2013

GAME's Christmas Tinner

Are you fucking serious?  Please tell me this isn't serious.....

The above picture may seem like a terrible photo shop, but apparently it's a real thing.  For anyone who's reading this blog outside of the UK, GAME is the countries biggest game store, or at least it was when I was living there.

It's basically the equivalent of Gamestop in the US or Sweden or whatever.  You know what I mean, you walk in and the staff don't know diddly shit about anything at all.  If you ask for something that isn't a big name AAA title they give you this horrible look because they actually have to pick up the stock book and do some fucking work.  You walk in and buy used games and when you get them home they are all scratched up or have fucking jam on the disc (true story).  Idiots behind the desk will judge you based on what you're buying or what stupid piece of crap DLC you decide to pre order or not (another story for another time), basically fuck GAME, stupid piece of shit.

So the idea behind this can of fuck is that "gamers" can't be arsed to get off their arse for an hour or 2 to go and have Christmas dinner so GAME have released an entire Christmas dinner in a tin with the idea that you enjoy it over the course of the day since the thing comes in layers or some shit.  It looks fucking vile and the can looks like that brand of cat food, Whiskaz or some shit, who wants to eat something that looks like catfood?  The whole thing is only £1.99 too apparently, according to the daily mail, so you know it's going to taste like absolute shit.

Here is my problem with this though, cooking isn't hard, like at all.  Any sack of shit can cook something halfway decent and for most things it doesn't even take that long to do so.  Even when I cook something like bolognese sauce, which requires it sit there for 5 fucking hours to gather flavour, the preparation to get it to that stage takes about an hour, tops.

Back when I was a university student, I was convinced I couldn't cook.  I would eat ready meals and I was so inept at it that I didn't even want to boil pasta because I was worried I'd overcook it and just waste my time or some shit.  Then I went and got a girlfriend so I decided I can't just remain inept forever, and after a short time just simply googling a recipe and trying to follow it, I made something decent in about 30 minutes. 

Now, a few years later it turns out that cooking is actually really fucking easy and quick and with the power of google and the nearby supermarket there isn't really anything I can't make anymore.  I'm happy that I developed a new skill, my wife is happy I can now cook pretty good food and my body is happy because anything I make myself is guaranteed to be healthier than anything that comes out of a fucking tin.

So GAME, fuck you and fuck your stupid Christmas dinner in a tin bullshit.  Cooking Christmas dinner isn't even that hard, and I'm saying that as someone who lives in a country where most of the population doesn't own a goddamn oven.  I wouldn't be surprised if it really was just a can of Whiskaz with the label changed.

Absolutely disgusting, just like your shops and service.

No comments:

Post a Comment