Monday 11 March 2013

Not Old Enough for War

So recently I've been playing a bit of Valkyria Chronicles.   For those that don't know, Valkyria Chronicles is a turn based strategy game set in what is essentially an anime version of World War 2.

As good as the game is I found the above in the person in the personnel files and I couldn't help but to frown at yet another token underage character in a Japanese game.  Just talking about her, she's fucking 12 years old, and for some reason it's OK for her to fight in a war where at any moment she could have her head blown off.  I really wish there was some kind of cut scene to show the justification for allowing her into the army.

But it's not just Valkyria Chronicles, basically every Japanese game I've ever played has some kind of token little kid and they are usually super annoying.  In the war game it's just the concept that blows my mind, but basically every child character in every Japanese game is famous for being annoying.

Just go look up the "Dinner dinner" scene from Infinite Undiscovery to get just a glimpse of what I'm talking about.  Seriously Japan, stop this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment